Exporting Data from Leica Total Station (TCR1105)
To export your collected data from your Leica Total Station (TCR1105) to your laptop or PC, you need to use the Leica Survey Office software and follow the following steps:
- Open the Leica Survey Office software on your laptop or PC computer
- Click on the Coordinate Editor icon from the Main Tools menu
- Open the Raw Data File “measured job”.GSI File
- A window will open displaying your data of your GSI file in table format, with PointID, Easting, Northing, Elevation, Code
- Save the data as a txt fie by going to File on the main menu and selecting Save.
- A Save File window will open, where you can save your file to where ever you want.
- Exit the Leica Survey Office software
You will know have resulted in an ASCII text file that contains your measured coordinates for all the points in your survey. You can then use this file with almost any GIS or CAD package to import the coordinate values into point data.
Total Station Basics
The content on this page was derived from the document titled ‘Introduction & Simple Guide to Using the Leica Total Station’ published by Ted MacKinnon and Jonathan Murphy in 2004 as part of a requirement for the Applied Geomatics Research advanced Post Graduate Diploma at COGS.
(In 2011 it was revised and updated). The full version of the document can be downloaded by clicking here.
Click here for more information from surveying with the Leica Total Station (TCR1105) or refer to our Leica Total Station user guide available for download.
- Surveying with the Leica Total Station (TCR1105)
- Leica Total Station (TCR1105) – User Interface
- Leica Total Station (TCR1105) – Operating the Instrument
- Surveying from a Known Point
- Surveying from an Unknown Point with Leica Total Station
- Exporting Data from Leica Total Station (TCR1105)
- Leica Total Station User Guide (full version)